F1 2011 Game Review for Xbox 360, PS3, PS Vita, PC
F1 2011 is Formula One racing game that challenges players to “Be the Driver and Live the Life” as they take on the role of an up-and-coming driver on the FIA Formula One World circuit. Sequel to Codemasters Birmingham’s F1 2010 game, F1 2011 is designed around the EGO game engine, which renders more detailed damage and physics for in-game cars across larger environments than technologies used in other games. Additional features include: unprecedented authenticity with real-world Formula One racing, a huge range of tunable vehicle variables, your favorite drivers from the FIA circuit, new circuits and rule changes for 2011 and a new focus on multiplayer gaming, including a co-op option.
F1 2011 is the sequel to the BAFTA winning FORMULA ONE videogame from Codemasters, the developer and publisher of award-winning racing games. Developed under Codemasters’ exclusive worldwide agreement with Formula One World Championship Limited, F1 2011 will come complete with all the official drivers, teams and circuits featuring in the 2011 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.
- Go Compete F1 2011 builds extensively on the multiplayer options from F1 2010. Split-screen racing is included for the first time in a high-definition FORMULA ONE title.
- New Circuits for 2011. Two stunning new additions to the race calendar extend the number of circuits to feature in F1 2011 to 19.
- Be the driver, live the life. From the paddock to the track, F1 2011 takes players closer to the experience of being a FORMULA ONE driver than ever before.
- All the cars, all the stars. Fully licensed, F1 2011 features all the drivers set to contest the 2011 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, including Sebastian Vettel, Lewis Hamilton, Fernando Alonso, Michael Schumacher and Jenson Button.
- Full Day / Night Racing. The 2011 FORMULA 1 ETHIAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX comes alive with a full day/ night transition which recreates the special atmosphere at this unique track.
- Car handling is predictable, but thrilling
- Co-Op Career is great fun with a friend
- Extremely faithful to the real sport
- Realistically captures the fragility of modern F1 cars.
- Very steep learning curve assumes you have a lot of F1 knowledge
- You may need a force feedback wheel to master the handling.